The Governing Body of Ronald Tree Nursery School reconstituted in April 2015. The current Instrument of Government and Terms of Reference are attached below.
The role of the Governing Body is to support and challenge the Headteacher, to help set the vision and strategic direction of the school and to ensure that our school is the very best it can be.
Governors have a wide range of responsibilities including:
- Sharing responsibility for the management of the school with the Head Teacher and the Senior Management Team
- Advising and supporting the head teacher and all staff by acting as a ‘critical friend’
- Supporting the school to meet the individual needs of all the children in the school
- Approving how the school budget will be spent and monitoring forecast and actual expenditure
- Approving and monitoring the School Development and School Improvement Plans
- Appointing new staff with the head teacher
- Auditing safeguarding practices
- Auditing health and safety practices
- Auditing security procedures
- Monitoring and challenging Special Educational Needs and Early Years Pupil Premium provision, accessibility, behaviour management and equal opportunities
- Acting as a link between the school, the Local Authority and the local community
How do we do this?
There are at least three formal meetings of the full governing body each academic year. The Chair and the Vice Chair of Governors meet regularly with the head teacher and all governors come on regular focused visits to the school. The full Governing Body oversees three sub-committees:
- Finance and Personnel
- Premises and
Each Governor is a member of at least one sub-committee.
The full governing body will adopt and comply with statutory Northamptonshire County Council and Department for Education policies and ensure delegated policies are up to date and implemented.
Minutes of the governing body are available via the school office.